What do Physiotherapists do?
Physiotherapy is a primary care, autonomous, client-focused health profession dedicated to:
- Improving and maintaining physical mobility and independence.
- Preventing, managing and reducing pain, physical limitations or disabilities that may limit the clients activities.
- Improving overall fitness, health and well-being. Physiotherapy’s unique contribution to health care stems from its advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well and how to restore mobility.
Physiotherapists assess the client’s level of mobility, strength, endurance and other physical abilities to determine the impact of their illness or injury on their physical function, whether at work, rest or play. They diagnose the condition and develop a treatment plan to restore movement and reduce pain or limitations to mobility. They treat the condition and help the client understand its effect on their function. They measure the client’s progress regularly and adjust the treatment accordingly. They also advise the client on how to manage their condition independently and help the client prevent avoidable recurrences or complications.
Physiotherapists provide valuable health care for people across the life span from birth to older age. Primarily, they work in 3 practice areas: orthopaedics, neurology and cardiorespiratory. The following are examples of the types of conditions physiotherapists may treat:
- Back and neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries (i.e.: carpal tunnel, tennis elbow)
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Post-surgical rehabilitation (i.e.: hip or knee replacement)
- Spinal cord injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Head injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic obstructive lung disease
- Post-surgical rehabilitation (i.e.: cardiac, thoracic or abdominal)
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Cystic Fibrosis
Chiropractic Treatment Helps...
This is true always, whether you suffer from migraines, scoliosis or a simple back pain!
Happy & Healthy Visitors
Before I’ve started attending these physiotherapy services and sessions, my migraines were just driving me crazy every day. But as soon as my visits here became regular, in a matter of few weeks I was healed!
I had been struggling with the various types and intensities of back pains for all of my adult life. Thanks God one of my friends referred me here, which resulted in an almost immediate pain relief for me!
You just cannot enjoy the life to its fullest when you are struggling with the muscular pain all of the time. This was the reason why I eventually started attending these sessions, which at the end of the day helped me big time!